This is an amazingly insightful book about the journey we go on as souls after physical death. Dr. Michael Newton is a private hypnotherapist who places his subjects in a state of superconsciousness and guides them to bring back vivid memories of their experiences in the spirit world.
Book Structure and Chapters
The book includes twenty-nine cases of people’s incredible recollections as souls, which the author has carefully selected from his forty-year-long career as a hypnotherapy practitioner. The case studies are arranged in such a thoughtful order it makes the book seem like a progressive travel log.
- The 1st chapter, Death and Departure, reveals what it feels to die.
- The 2nd chapter, Gateway to the Spirit World, talks about the well-known tunnel effect during a death experience.
- The 3rd chapter, Homecoming, discusses who welcomes a newly arrived soul to the spirit world (personal guide, soulmate, close friend, etc.), how it feels, why it’s different for each soul, and more.
- The 4th chapter, The Displaced Soul, talks about the souls who deny the fact their physical body is dead and resist coming back to the spirit world.
- The 5th chapter, Orientation, reveals the healing process that takes place after a soul is greeted.
- The 6th and 7th chapter are primarily related to the organisational structure of the spirit world and the way all souls are projected to their relevant destinations from a central port in the spirit world called “staging area”.
- The 8th chapter is about the personal guides of souls.
- The 9th, 10th and 11th chapter elaborate on the differences between beginner, intermediate and advanced souls.
- The 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th chapter reveal the process of reincarnation as a whole. The souls go through the following stages, named as the actual chapters of the book: Life Selection, Choosing a New Body, Preparation for Embarkation, and Rebirth.
I really like Journey of Souls because:
- The book is written in a clear and understandable way. If there’s any terminology you may not be familiar with, the author will provide a definition.
- Author provides abridged but informative dialogue from his therapy sessions as evidence for his explanations about what happens to our souls immediately after death. The reader can also interpret the dialogue in their own way if unhappy with the author’s conclusions.
- I really like the fact the author has worked with numerous subjects and hence there’s variety in the case studies included. This gives readers an opportunity to compare how souls of different maturity levels experience the afterlife.
Buy the book on Amazon?
Click here to view Journey of Souls on Amazon.